2022: Omnichannel presentation
How to democratize your headless CMS
Over the past several years, we’ve seen low-code and no-code platforms that prize citizen development and the democratization of tools that were formerly the sole domain of developers and engineering teams. At the same time, the world of content management systems (CMSs) has expanded to embrace digital channels that a mere decade ago seemed outlandish and far into the future. The headless CMS’s promise has long been to allow organizations to juggle content destined for web, mobile, voice, chatbots, IoT, AR/VR, and more, but how democratic and open to everyone is the new CMS paradigm truly?
As I’ve written in CMSWire, the low-code phenomenon has still not penetrated into some of the most pressing needs organizations face when it comes to headless CMSs and digital experiences beyond the web. Rather than enabling and empowering content design teams and marketing departments to exert greater control over the digital experiences they’re responsible for, headless CMSs seem to have led to a retrenchment of developer experience as the inadequacy of drag-and-drop site builders and WYSIWYG editors becomes ever clearer.
In this session, Preston So, globally recognized author of Voice Content and Usability (A Book Apart, 2021) and Gatsby: The Definitive Guide (O’Reilly, 2021) and content management expert, will discuss how you can take steps to democratize your headless CMS for everyone and how you can take advantage of emerging paradigms like headless orchestration to prepare your content milieu for both the present state of digital experiences and any potential future on the horizon.
What you’ll learn
- If headless CMSs are for developers and not for everyone else
- Why low-code for web CMS but high-code for headless CMS?
- Why we need a new grand compromise in headless CMS
- What’s missing from headless CMSs today
- How to democratize your headless CMS beyond developers
- How to enable headless preview workflows
- How to enable headless approval and review workflows
- How to enable headless publishing workflows
- Headless orchestration: Continuous proofing and continuous deployment
- How we’re solving this problem at Oracle Content Management.